Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My juicy gossips

Think again: Is it "Love" or "Infatuation"

A little recap of what have been happening these past few months would take me to think again of a few series of my self-reflections. I remember when I spent one whole week hooked up to my pen-pal site talking to a few strangers who later, became a source of my big turning point in life. Now, came to think of it, I wonder whether those past experiences that I've had (wohoo..mostly failures and stupidity I would stress), I honestly don't know which one of those 2 categories would they fit in?

IF, according to Wikipedia, the oh so famous online encyclopedia that use too frequently *wink*, the word 'Love' means:
Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection and attachment. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my boyfriend"). This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.


While 'Infatuation' means:
Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoned passion or love; addictive love. Usually, one is inspired with an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone.
Infatuation is a common emotion characterized by unrealistic expectations of blissful passion without positive relationship growth or development. Infatuation is distinguished by a lack of trust, loyalty, commitment, and reciprocity. In the case of infatuation, there is more often than not an obsessor and an object of desire (generally unattainable).


Now, I admit that my most previous 'episode' was inexplicably the latter. And of course, I have always regret to have fallen into such a phase in life, which is utterly a waste of time and emotion. Not once, but I can say, a few times. Though I am still grateful that they were short-lived. I suddenly remember (roughly) a dialogue in one of the only 2 Korean drama series I've ever followed, Goong (a.k.a Princess Hours), when the Great Queen told the Princess that young age is the age when people often make mistakes, and from those mistakes, they learn about life. So, I've learnt my lesson the hard way, and hmm...it's probably time for me to stop getting involved in looking.

I'll stop now, there's more to come in my series of rants. Just a little cliffhanger, I'd like to address a few issues from my observations, on how having the social networking websites can somehow messing up with our real life. I'm talking about Dramaqueens..ahhaaa...juicy gossips.. :p
Till then, have a nice week!

1 comment:

Mr F said...

Love is what makes one reaching the outer spheres beyond any limits. What one would never believed to be, what you would never have believed to do, what you would never have believed to live, love can makes it for you to you be, do, and live. It transforms us, and makes us someone different, an alchemy of life experience. It leads to the destruction of some people, and to an inner realization of others, in an almost mystical way. But at the end, we are not what we THINK, but what we DO, and thus, the only background that can secure love is honestly from the very beginning. Honesty is the only way that can make both accept each other as they are for real, and not as they could try to look like in a fake world (which would then ruin the relationship once the truth is discovered). And yes, inshaa Allah the Almighty, this relationship that you are living with your beloved one, is really the right one, for the love that this man you are talking about, the love he has for you is something which is real, and he respects you in the name of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. May Allah grant you all the happiness you deserve with this man, and crown you with a marriage with him in the world and the herafter (Amiin)